There are many benefits that you can get by wearing the right facemask. Covering yourself with a face mask is an effective way of preventing the spread of infectious diseases like covid-19. With the ongoing global pandemic of coronavirus, it has become mandatory to wear a face mask in areas where social distance is difficult, like in crowded parks, grocery stores, and pharmacies. Wearing a mask is not enough to protect you from flues and coronavirus diseases.
A face mask should be used in conjunction with other comprehensive strategies like frequent hand washing and social distancing. Wearing is the most effective method of protecting the most vulnerable in society. The current market is flooded with different types and models of face masks that one can choose from. These include lightweight masks, bandanas, and medical-grade face masks. Let’s have a look at the benefits of wearing a face mask.
Prevent the Spread of Infectious Diseases
Studies have shown that face masks are helpful in preventing the spread of infectious, viral diseases like SARS-CoV-2, Covid-19, or flu. These diseases are spread when the infected person exhales small droplets that contain the virus. People should buy the right face masks and learn how to use them properly. It should adequately cover the mouth and nose. Medical practitioners are advised to wear face masks when treating patients with flu-like symptoms.
Tips on How to Wear Face Masks
Faces masks can prevent the spread of respiratory viruses and flu if worn frequently and correctly. The following are the proven guidelines that you must follow when wearing these masks.
- Wear it when approaching an infected person.
- Using the bladders or strings, ensure that the mask is firmly placed over the chin, mouth, and nose.
- Wear it when going to overcrowded settings to protect yourself and the most vulnerable
- Patients who have flu-like symptoms should wear masks when going to see the doctor. This is the best way of protecting other patients in the waiting room.
- Always wash your face mask after use.
- Throw away your respiratory or surgical face masks after use. Never reuse it.
As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure. Prevention is the best strategy of keeping yourself from highly contagious viruses like coronavirus. The other good thing is that there is no risk of wearing masks. Wearing a face mask has promising results, but is it equally important to utilize other proven measures.…